- "The African Diva Project" Masking the Divas of Vinyl
"The African Diva Project" Paintings by York's Distinguished Lecturer Margaret Rose Vendryes is at the Ohr-O'Keefe Museum of Art's Beau Rivage Resport & Casino Gallery of African-American Art through March 7.
- Associate Professor of Theatre Receives CUNY Diversity Projects Development Fund Award
Department of Performing and Fine Arts Chair and Associate Professor, Timothy J. Amrhein, receives a CUNY Diversity Projects Development Fund Award for his project, "Language and Identity: The Latino Mask".
- Auditions for AIDA
York College Theatre Announces auditions for its Spring 2015 musical, AIDA by Elton John and Time Rice.
- Auditions for the Spring 2015 play "Our Lady of 121st Street"
York College Theatre Announces auditions for its Spring 2015 play, "Our Lady of 121st Street" by Stephen Adly Guirgis
- Chair's Office
The Department of Performing and Fine Arts is educating the next generation of visual artists, musicians, communication and theatre professionals.
- Communications Technology Major Wins CUNY's Monthly Student Photo Competition
Khalil Quick, a Communications Technology major, won CUNY's monthly student photo competition for October, 2014.
- Final Performances (english) of "La Luz De Un Cigarrillo" by Marco Antonio Rodriguez
Due to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, our Thursday, Nov. 1 performances of “La Luz De Un Cigarrillo” (at 12noon in English and at 7pm in Spanish) have been canceled. We have rescheduled our final two performances as follows: Nov. 06 at 12noon (in English) and our final performance will be held on Nov. 08 at 12noon (in Spanish). All Tuesday, Oct. 30th tickets which have already been purchased will be honored at the 12noon performance on Nov. 06.
- Final Performances (spanish) of "La Luz De Un Cigarrillo" by Marco Antonio Rodriguez
Debido a la como secuela del paso del huracán Sandy, nuestras presentaciones del jueves 1 de noviembre de "La Luz De Un Cigarrillo" (en Inglés a las 12pm y en español a las 7pm) ha sido cancelada. Hemos reprogramado las dos últimas presentaciones de la siguiente manera: Nov.6 a las 12pm (en Inglés) y nuestra última presentación tendrá lugar el 8 de noviembre a las 12pm (en Español). Todos los boletos comprados para la presentacion del martes 30 de Octubre pueden ser usados para la presentacion de el jueves Nov 6 a las 12pm.
- ISTWA! Story time for a small world
At the 15th Annual New York International Fringe Festival.
- Language and Identity: The Latino Mask. A symposium about language in theatre and its impact on an audience.
Focusing on language itself, we explore the idea of bilingualism on-stage. This project also attempts to examine how specific cultural idioms in a Spanish-language play can be conveyed to an English-speaking audience, holding true to the intended meaning of a play as presented in its original language.