Math/CS Club talks will be held weekly during the academic year. Talks will be help on Wednesdays from 12pm - 1pm in the conference room of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (AC/2C07) unless otherwise noted. Talks will focus on mathematics and computer science topics. In addition, once a month a talk on mathematics education will be held. For more information and/or to be added to the Math/CS Club e-mail list, please contact Dr. Lidia Gonzalez at Lgonzalez@york.cuny.edu
- are accessible to a general audience.
- assume little or no previous knowledge.
- cover a wide selection of topics.
- encourage audience participation.
- are not boring or stuffy.
Recent Math/CS talks include:
- The Game of Life.
- The mathematics of billiards.
- Secret Sharing.
- Proofs Without Words.
- A history of infinity.
- Graduate School in the Mathematical Sciences.