Math Club talks will be held on each Wednesday during the academic year, except on days with no classes. This semester the talks will be from 12pm - 1pm in the conference room of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (AC/2C07) unless otherwise noted. Talks will focus on mathematics and computer science topics. In addition, once a month a talk on mathematics education will be held.
- are accessible to a general audience.
- assume little or no previous knowledge.
- cover a wide selection of topics.
- encourage audience participation.
- are not boring or stuffy.
Recent Math/CS talks include:
- The Game of Life.
- The mathematics of billiards.
- Secret Sharing.
- Proofs Without Words.
- A history of infinity.
- Graduate School in the Mathematical Sciences.