Talks and activities
Focus is on mathematics, mathematics education, and computer science topics.
Events are open to all. You do NOT have to be a math/cs major/minor to attend.
Snacks are provided.
Tuesdays from 6pm - 7pm
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (AC/2C07) Conference Room
A schedule of talks for Spring 2015 can be found here: Spring 2015_Mathematics Club_Schedule_Revised.pdf
- are accessible to a general audience.
- assume little or no previous knowledge.
- cover a wide selection of topics.
- encourage audience participation.
- are not boring or stuffy.
Recent Math/CS talks include:
- The mathematics of billiards.
- Secret Sharing.
- Proofs Without Words.
- A history of infinity.
- Graduate School in the Mathematical Sciences.
For more information and/or to be added to the Math/CS Club e-mail list, please contact Dr. Lidia Gonzalez at Lgonzalez@york.cuny.edu