Math/CS Club talks will be held weekly during the academic year. During the Fall 2014 semester, talks will be held on Tuesdays from 3pm - 4pm in the conference room of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (AC/2C07) unless otherwise noted.
error while rendering collective.contentleadimage.full
Talks will focus on mathematics, mathematics education, and computer science topics. IFor more information and/or to be added to the Math/CS Club e-mail list, please contact Dr. Lidia Gonzalez at Lgonzalez@york.cuny.edu
- are accessible to a general audience.
- assume little or no previous knowledge.
- cover a wide selection of topics.
- encourage audience participation.
- are not boring or stuffy.
Recent Math/CS talks include:
- The Game of Life.
- The mathematics of billiards.
- Secret Sharing.
- Proofs Without Words.
- A history of infinity.
- Graduate School in the Mathematical Sciences.