You Must Be A York College Student To Register and Sit for The Exam
- Students must register and pay for the exam at www.nlnonlinetesting.org. The registration end date will be 2 days prior to the test date.
- This exam MUST be taken at York College and may only be repeated once. You must obtain permission from the Nursing Appeals Committee inorder to retake the exam. The NLN does not allow students to re-take the exam within six months of previous test date.
- The exam is administered by the York College Testing Center located in the Academic Core-Room 1G05. Dates are posted below on this webpage.
- This exam should not be taken prior to completing chem. 106 &107, bio 234 & 265.
- This is a timed examination. This means that each section must be completed within a specific time frame. The computer will shut down that section and students cannot continue; nor can students return to a previous section.
- Students cannot eat, drink during the examination.
- Students cannot go to the bathroom without impacting test time.
- Registration Date:12/1/13 Examination Date:12/19/13
- Registration Date: 3/1/14 Examination Date:3/28/14
- Registration Date:4/1/14 Examination Date:4/17/14
- Registration Date 4/20/14 Examination Date:5/15/14
The examinations will be held in the Academic Core Building, Testing Center-Room 1G05
Review Books/Study Guides for NLN Pre-Admission RN Exam
- Review Guide for NLN-RN Pre-Entrance Exam, third Edition, Mary E. McDonald, RN, MA (2009). Publisher: Jones and Bartlett. ISBN 0763724866
- Arco Master the Nursing School and Allied Health Entrance Exams, Marion F. Gooding (2005). Publisher: Arco. ISBN 0768918391
- How to Prepare for the Nursing School Entrance Exams, Corinne Grimes and Sandra Swick (2004). Publisher: Barron’s. ISBN 0764123505
- Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exams, 7-Up Kaplan (2005). Publisher/Manufacturer: Kaplan. ISBN 0743273362
- PAX_RN review course- York Continuing education: https://www.york.cuny.edu/conted/assets/fall-2013