Italian Istitutions and Free Events in New York
There are several great Institutions and Organizations in New York that organize, and sponsor a variety of free events with the goal of promoting the Italian language and culture.
- Italian Cultural Institute in New York
- This social organization promotes academic exchanges, organizes visual arts exhibitions, promotes Italian studies and supports various musical, literary, and theatrical events.
- Casa Italiana Zerilli-Marimò
- New York University-based institution emphasizes literature, cinema, politics, and social studies and also houses NYU's Department of Italian Studies. Cultural outreach program attracts well-known Italian politicians, academics, journalists, artists, and musicians.
- The Italian Academy
- The Italian Academy for Advanced Studies in America at Columbia University is an interdisciplinary research center that offers a wide variety of public and private functions including concerts, lectures, and seminars.
- John D. Calandra Italian American Institution
- The Institute organizes conferences, lectures, film screenings, seminars and symposia on the Italian American experience.