WELCOME! / BENVENUTI! The Italian Studies at YORK is an interdisciplinary program of study and training in Italian language, culture, history, and society. Besides covering the full range of Italian language and literature, the Italian program also provides students the possibility of approaching Italian culture through film, through occasional parties and dinners, through excursions to nearby cultural events, and other entertaining and educational activities.
- Italian Films at York
- The Italian Studies program in collaboration with the Language Resource Center organizes during the Semester several Film Events. All films are usually screened at the Language Resource Center (AC-3D05) during Club Hours (T 12:00-2:00PM, Th 12:00-2:00PM). Students, faculty and staff are welcomed.
- Why Study Italian?
- Learning a foreign language is one of the most enriching experiences in anybody's education. But why study Italian?
- Italian Studies Handbook 2010-2011
- The Italian Club "L'Angolo"
- Starting spring 2010 York College has an official Italian Studies Club: “L’Angolo” This is a student organization open to every person who is interested in Italian culture, language and civilization. The activities of the Club include engaging conversation, reading and discussing Italian newspapers, music appreciation, and informal lectures. Additional activities will be sometimes organized in the late afternoon. The Club also plans outings to museums, the Opera or to share the special flavors of “La cucina italiana.” The Italian Club will also discuss opportunities to study in Italy through the Study Abroad Programs at CUNY, and will have student guest speakers who will talk about their experiences in Italy.
- The CUNY / ITALY Exchange Program
- The CUNY/ITALY program is a student exchange between The City University of New York/CUNY and selected Italian Universities. The program is designed for highly motivated undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in CUNY who are interested in pursuing course work and/or research in the areas of international business, economics, law, and political science. Students may also take courses in areas of anthropology, archeology, engineering, history, literature, and sociology. For Information contact the Study Abroad Coordinator: Prof. Bahri, Hamid Phone: 718-262-2463 Office Location: 3C10 email@example.com
- Summer Program in Perugia, Italy
- John D. Calandra Italian American Institute, in collaboration with the European Languages and Literatures Department at Queens College and the University for Foreigners of Perugia (Universitá per Stranieri di Perugia), is offering a summer study abroad program for students interested in Italian language and culture. It will be held at one of Italy’s oldest and most prestigious center of Italian language education. For Information contact the Study Abroad Coordinator: Prof. Bahri, Hamid Phone: 718-262-2463 Office Location: 3C10 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Italian Istitutions and Free Events in New York
- There are several great Institutions and Organizations in New York that organize, and sponsor a variety of free events with the goal of promoting the Italian language and culture.
- A Taste of Italy
- Enjoy some pictures of one the most beautiful country in the world.
- Italian Studies Fall 2011
- Foreign Languages, ESL and Humanities