Cardinal Check for Advisement
Introduction to Cardinal Check
This page is intended to provide information about Cardinal Check and instructions on how to use this software. Cardinal Check is a customized version of DegreeWorks by SunGard Bi-Tech, Inc.
Cardinal Check generates an easy- to- read degree audit that takes the courses from a student’s transcript and reorganizes them to fulfill requirements for a student’s degree, major, minor, CPE and skills assessment as defined in the college bulletin. It calculates and displays different GPA’s for different sections of the audit.
The Cardinal Check audit is an effective tool for an advisor to use in providing students with details about the next steps needed to meet graduation requirements.
Please note that Cardinal Check. . .
. . . IS NOT a replacement for academic advising or for the advisement process. It cannot reflect every piece of advice necessary to successfully progress toward completion of the degree.
. . . IS NOT an official graduation audit. If a student intends to graduate within the next academic year, an Application for Diploma must be completed in the Office of the Registrar, Room AC-1H06. (See the Academic Calendar regarding deadlines for
. . . IS NOT an official transcript.
. . . IS NOT an official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements. Only the Office of the Registrar can certify a student’s graduation status.
- Go to the Citizen CUNY Portal website
- Click “LOG-IN” (You must have an active Portal Account to access Cardinal Check)
- Click “Student Advisement/Degree Audit.” This will bring you to the Cardinal Check Welcome Page.
To view a Student Audit you must identify a student by either using the student “Find” tab or entering a student’s ID number
Using the "Find" Feature to Search for Information on Students
The Find feature allows you to search for a student using the student’s name, or a group of students, by identifying specific criteria.
Searching for a Student by Name
- Click on the Find button
- Enter the student’s LAST name followed by the “@” sign e.g.: SMITH@
- Use the pull down menu to indicate which major, minor and/or level and click “Search."
Searching for a Student using Social Security Number
- Insert the student’s social security number in “Student ID” field (without spaces or dashes); hit enter. Note: Once enter is hit, the social security number will turn to asterisks.
- Click “Audit” (this reveals the student’s name, degree, major and level)
- Click “View Audit” (This reveals the student’s degree audit.)
(Note: To insure accuracy, verify with the student his or her social security number, and if necessary, verify it on the SIMS transcript screen (SIQ SRI) before accessing the system.)
Note: To search for a student using the student’s identification number is the fastest and most efficient method to use. This is the recommended method.