Pathways to Degree Completion at York College
Starting in Fall 2013, CUNY will implement the Pathways to Degree Completion initiative across its undergraduate colleges. Pathways establishes a new system of general education requirements and new transfer guidelines across the University--and by doing so reinforces CUNY's educational excellence while easing student transfer between CUNY colleges.
What is Pathways?
Pathways is the new set of general education requirements at York College and all other CUNY colleges.
- If you begin studying at York College in or after Fall 2013, Pathways applies to you. You will need to meet the Pathways requirements to graduate.
- If you have not taken classes at York College for more than one semester, Pathways applies to you. You will need to meet the Pathways requirements to graduate.
- If you are a continuing student who entered York College before Fall 2013, you will be able to choose whether you remain with your existing requirements or change to Pathways.
- If you do nothing, you will stay with your existing general education requirements. You will need to meet them to graduate.
- If you think Pathways requirements would be better for you, you can opt in and officially choose the Pathway requirements. You will then need to meet the Pathway requirements to graduate.
How do I opt in to Pathways?
How do I decide what to do?
- Read the new Pathways general education requirements and compare them with the pre-pathways general education requirements.
- Read the Pathways FAQ.
- You should consult with an academic advisor.