- Writing in General Education: Models, Examples, Imperatives
Panelists Laura Fishman (History & Philosophy), Jim Papa (English), and Mark Schuller (Social Sciences) will discuss why general education should place a significant emphasis on learning to write/writing to learn and provide models and examples for engaging students in developing their writing skills.
- Quantitative Literacy in General Education: Models, Examples, Imperatives
Panelists Lou D'Alotto (Math & Computer Studies), Leslie Keiler (Teacher Education), and Dan Robie (Chemistry) will discuss why general education should place a significant emphasis on working with quantitative data and provide models and examples for engaging students in understanding visual representations of data.
- Don't Wait for the Writing Center: Strategies for Addressing Grammar in Classroom Assignments
Presenters Heather Robinson (English, Director of the Writing Center) and Sundeep Bisla (English) will discuss simple ways to address some of the common sentence-level issues that arise in student writing across the disciplines.
- Getting and Keeping Students Engaged through Just-In-Time-Teaching
CETL Speaker: Dr. Laura Guertin- Associate Professor, Earth Science, Penn State-Brandywine
- Live Broadcast of the Presidental Inauguration
York College and NYC Councilman Thomas White, Jr. proudly announce a wide-screen live broadcast presentation of the inauguration of Barack Obama
- Provost Lecture: "Using MRI to Measure Individual Differences in Behavior and the Brain's Response to Injury."
Prof. Robert Duncan Dept. of Behavioral Sciences
- Online HIV Prevention and Education: Attitudes, Beliefs, and Behaviors of Men Who Have Sex with Men in new York City – An Internet Study
“Has the popularity of social networking websites on the Internet in recent years affected the ways in which we identify and define ourselves, communicate with one another, and forge interpersonal relationships?
- Provost Lecture: "Poto Mitan: Haitian Women, Pillars of the Global Economy"
Prof. Mark Schuller Dept. of Social Sciences
- York College Big Band
A Tribute to Count Basie
- Evaluating Outcomes in English 200
"What Makes an "A" an "A" in English 200?