- How Do Contested Illnesses Become Public Health Concerns?: Understanding Stakeholders and the Process of Transformation
Provost Lecture Series Debra Swoboda (Dept. of Behavioral Sciences)
- The Lord Has Called Us to a Hard Task: Chaplain Robert Dokes, Black Soldiers, and The Practice of Transgressive Citizenship in World War II
Provost Lecture Series by Professor George White (Dept. of History & Philosophy)
- The Birth of York College: Higher Education and Politics at the State and Local Level
Provost Lecture Series with Bob Parmet (Dept. of History & Philosophy)
- Yorkfest '09
Featuring performances by Bobby Sanabria & Quarteto Aché and the York College Blue Notes
- York College Continuing Education and the FDA recently held the 8th Annual Professional Development Workshop for Food and Pharmaceutical Professionals
This year's topic was High-Throughput Methods of Detecting Foodborne Pathogens. Thirty-three scientists from eight countries--Thailand, Vietnam, Mexico, Nigeria, Germany, Canada, China and the U.S.--met to discuss rapid methods of detecting pathogens such as salmonella and eColi in food.
- H1N1 influenza "Swine Flu" Preparedness
CUNY has been part of the New York City Office of Emergency Management's efforts to coordinate a citywide response to the ongoing concern regarding H1N1 influenza also known as Swine Flu.
- What to Eat
Personal Responsibility vs. Social Responsibility
- Getting to The Heart of The Matter
The York College Health Promotion Center Presents a Seminar on the Self Management of Hypertension.
- Between the Dream and the Nightmare Immigration, the “Bulimic Society” and the Criminal Justice System
This event is free and open to the public. Sponsored by York College Office of Academic Affairs, Department of Sociology, Department of Research Center on Terrorism at Jon Jay College of Criminal Justice.
- F.W.S. Information Session for Supervisors
Information Session for Federal Workstudy Supervisors