- York College "Harm Reduction" Seminar
York College will host a seminar on “harm reduction” on January 29 at 4:30 p.m. in the York College gymnasium. Pamela Goodrich, a community counselor, along with volleyball coach Andre M. Titus Jr. and athletic trainer Dan Matte will discuss various health topics such as HIV awareness, drug and alcohol abuse and nutrition.
Light refreshments will be served and there will be a raffle at the end of the session with the winner receiving a free iPod shuffle! Student-athletes are encouraged to attend but all are welcome. Following the seminar, the Cardinals men’s volleyball team will host Polytechnic at 7:00 p.m.
“I hope to help educate students on harm reduction so they can lead a better life,” said Matte.
- York College Cricket Club Wins National Championship
The Cricket Club at York College has won the 2012 American College Cricket Championship. York defeated the University of South Florida in the finals on March 18 to win its first-ever national title.
- York College Women’s Volleyball to Hold “Pink Day” to Raise Breast Cancer Awareness
York's Women Volleyball team will hold “Pink Day” in an effort to help raise breast cancer awareness. York's Women Volleyball will also play against College of Staten Island. (Game Starts at 7pm)
- York Health & Phys. Ed Department Selected as a Chapter for Eta Sigma Gamma
The York College Health and Physical Education department has been selected to become the latest chapter of Eta Sigma Gamma, the National Health Education Honorary.
- York Invitational
- York Invitational
- York Men's Basketball vs Dickinson College
- York Men's Soccer vs Berkeley
- York Men's Soccer Vs. CCNY
Men's Soccer in the CUNYAC quarterfinals
- York to Add Women’s Soccer in Fall 2011
The York College athletics program is pleased to announce the addition of women’s soccer as the 17th NCAA Division III sport to its program. The Lady Cardinals will compete in women’s soccer starting in the Fall 2011 season.