- Teaching Effective Reading Strategies: Helping Students Explore Complex Texts
This workshop will help faculty develop specific reading strategies for students in order to assist them in becoming active, critical and analytical readers across all disciplines. Facilitated by George Fragopoulos, Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) Writing Fellow and other WAC Writing Fellows. Co-sponsored by The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning and the WAC Program.
- Teaching Strategies for Reading Electronic Texts
Center For Excellence In Teaching And Learning
- Teaching the ELL Learner
Faculty Development Workshop
- Teaching with Digital Technologies
Digital technologies offer opportunities for developing new pedagogies. Faculty members will share their experience on the use of new technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
- Teaching, Learning and Technology: Fostering Deep Learning through Technology
Speaker Forum sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Technology and Institutional Culture
Robert Knipe, Dean of Learning Technologies, Genesee Community College, will discuss the role of institution culture in shaping effective use of technology in pedagogy.
- Telehealth Nursing: Educating Future Nurses in Technology to Deliver Care
Workshop facilitated by Margarett Alexandre, Health Professions, Lynette Hope, Visiting Nurse Service NY, Lilly Mathew, Health Professions, Maryann Rosa, CUNY Queensborough Community College Nursing.
Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).
- Ten Months Later – What about Haiti’s Homeless?
York college African American resource center and the department of foreign languages present: Ten Months Later – What about Haiti’s Homeless?
- Tenure Track - Parent Track
a roundtable with Heather Robinson, English Timothy Amrhein, Performing & Fine Arts Laura Beaton, Biology Stephen Fearnley, Chemistry Elizabeth Meddeb, Foreign Languages Michael B. Smith, Performing & Fine Arts
- The 3rd Annual Day of Assessment
Attendees will have an opportunity to see various kinds of classroom assessments developed by colleagues in different disciplines.