- Sound Sensations: Classroom Methods for Speech Training and Learning
Public speakers, ESL teachers, and anyone wishing to communicate with greater clarity of speech, this workshop is for you. Facilitated by Professor Tom Marion, Performing and Fine Arts. Sponsored by The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- South Parking Lot Closure
In accordance with college guidelines on Friday, May 23, 2014 the South Parking Lot located on Guy Brewer Blvd between Liberty Ave and South Road will be closed as classes have concluded for the Spring 2014 semester. The South Parking lot will be opened on particular days during the week for special events being held at the college when additional parking may be necessary.
- Speaker Forum: Thinking, Writing, and Publishing about Teaching and Learning
Guest Speaker: Dr. James Rhem, Executive Editor, The National Teaching and Learning FORUM
- Spring 2011 Convocation
Engagement for Enhanced Educational Experiences
- Spring 2014 Faculty Learning Community Invitation
CETL invites full-time faculty members to participate in a faculty learning community (FLC) which will meet 6-7 times during the spring 2014 semester to discuss learning-centered teaching.
- Spring Convocation
- State Supports Capital Request
- Sticking with WAC: Teaching with Writing over the Long Haul
A panel of faculty from different departments and programs will discuss how they have implemented Writing Across the Curriculum principles to conduct teaching with writing over the long haul.
- Strategic Plan Town Hall Meeting
Please take this opportunity to comment on the proposed MISSION, VISION, and VALUES, as well as ask questions and make suggestions
about the College-wide STRATEGIC INITIATIVES AND ACTIONS.
- Strategies for Encouraging Academic Integrity: Keep Calm and Prevent Plagiarism
This CETL “worktable” (a workshop with roundtable discussion) is designed to help participating faculty members teach students about the importance and relevance of academic and professional integrity.