- Fall 2008 Convocation Letter
For the second consecutive year, we have enrolled an impressive number of new students who are prepared and ready to tackle the rigors of college. And we are pleased that we are prepared to help them fulfill their academic challenges since we have increased our faculty ranks by an unprecedented twenty-five percent. These outstanding new members of our faculty will be work- ing hard with our students to keep them—and York "onthemove."
- Final Due Date for Tuition Payment in Full Has Been Extended to 12 noon on September 10, 2013
We are happy that you are at York this Fall 2013 Semester. We know that there have been many changes to the York enrollment process since we transitioned to the CUNYfirst system.
- First City ROTC program in decades comes to York College
Last September, the CUNY school took on an ROTC program for young, hopeful cadets.
- Former York Student-Athlete Receives ECAC Award of Valor
Former York College student-athlete Vanessa Rivera has been named one of three recipients for the prestigious Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) Award of Valor.
- Geffard Named 2012 CUNYAC Men’s Volleyball Rookie of the Year; Williams Named Second Team All-Star
York College freshman outside hitter, Edner Geffard has been named the 2012 CUNY Athletic Conference Men’s Volleyball Rookie of the Year and junior opposite hitter Bryan Williams has earned a Second-Team All-Star selection. The awards were announced just prior to the start of the 2012 CUNYAC championships.
- Graduate and Speech/Theatre Major Dies
On Saturday, February 18, Gloria Lowery Tyrrell, a York College graduate and former Speech Communication/Theatre Arts major passes away.
- Graduates from Albania to Zambia Shine at 43rd Commencement Exercises
On Friday, May 31, 2013, York College will host its 43rd Commencement. At 1,046 strong, the Class of 2013 is the institution’s largest to date. Most are immigrants, spanning the globe from Albania to Zambia.
- Honors Program applications due
The due date for student applications to the York College Honors Program.
- Inaugural Employee Appreciation Ceremony
Recognizing the need to formally honor employees for their ongoing dedication and contribution to the success of York College, President Marcia V. Keizs would like to say, thank you.
Repository of Initiatives of the President's Office at York College