- College Preparation, Selectivity, and Today's College Students
Workshop on research findings pertaining to college preparation and selectivity among college students, including CUNY students. Dr. Tania Levey, Social Sciences, will present. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- College Symposium on Teaching and Learning with Technology 2014
Co-Sponsored by The Academic Computing and Educational Technology (ACET) and The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL)
- Creating a Virtual Presence and Sense of Community in Online Courses
Workshop facilitated by William Divale, Social Sciences. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Creating and Using Rubrics for Effective Feedback: How Can Rubrics Help Improve Student Learning?
A CETL Workshop presented by: Linda Gerena & Leslie Keiler, Teacher Education; Emily Davidson, Health Professions; Debra Glaser, Health & Physical Education; Jonathan Hall, English
- Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum: Sharing and Exploring New Methodologies
CETL Workshop presented by Mitchell Brodsky, Health & Physical Education
- Critical Thinking in General Education: Models, Examples, Imperatives
Panelists Jim Como (Fine Arts), Conrad Dyer (Behavioral Sciences), and Veronica Shipp (Teacher Education) will discuss why general education should place a significant emphasis on critical thinking and provide models and examples for engaging students in developing critical thinking skills.
- Dealing with Student Incivility
This panel presentation examines the best classroom practices to prevent student incivility and the administrative steps to follow if incidents of student misconduct take place.
- Developing and Demonstrating Cultural Competence in Academic Advising
Please join us for this multimedia presentation, the first in the Enhancing Advisor Skills & Knowledge Series
- Developing Expertise: A Look across Helping Professions
Panel presented by Dana Fusco, Teacher Education, Beverly Horowitz, Occupational Therapy, Lilly Matthew, Nursing, Claudette McFarquhar, Nursing, and Vadim Moldovan, Social Work. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Discipline and Classroom Management
A workshop presented by Debra Glaser, Health & Physical Education and Mitchell Brodsky, Health & Physical Education