- Instructional Design, Facilitation and Assessment of Online Discussion Forums
A CETL Workshop presented by Wenying Huang-Stolte, Educational Technology, & Bill Divale, Social Sciences
- Integrating Blogs, ePortfolio, and Assessment into the Majors: Pedagogies and Rubrics in Three Programs
In 2009, a group of faculty at York embraced ePortfolio and blogging as vehicles for students to document their learning, represent their competencies, and strengthen their facility with electronic media. Presenters will share their pedagogies and explore the challenges involved in assessing work in a blog or ePortfolio. Facilitated by Professors Michael Smith, Performing and Fine Arts, and Xin Bai, Teacher Education. Sponsored by The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Interdisciplinary General Education
CETL Speaker Forum with Dr. Marcia Seabury, Department of English, University of Hartford
- Invitation to Present CETL Workshop
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) invites proposals from York faculty and staff members to present a workshop, presentation, or panel during the fall 2015 semester that promotes professional development in teaching and learning.
- Learning During Unsettled Times
College Graduates Academic Performance and Recent Experiences in the U.S.
- Lost in Translation: Understanding the Particular Linguistic Needs of College-level ESL Students
Panel presented by Linglan Cao, English, Aegina Barnes, Foreign Languages/ESL/Humanities, Matthew Corcoran, English, Howard Ruttenberg, History & Philosophy, and Zohra Saad, Foreign Languages/ESL/Humanities. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Maker-Culture and You: How 3D Printing and Hands-On Learning Can Augment Traditional Pedagogy
Workshop and Webinar facilitated by Dan Phelps, Performing & Fine Arts and Multimedia Facilities Coordinator.
- Multiplayer Classroom: Team-Teaching the Art & Sound of Video Games Across Two Disciplines
Presentation by Sarah Kate Gillespie, Performing & Fine Arts and Tom Zlabinger, Performing & Fine Arts
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
In 2009, York College freshmen and seniors participated in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), a national survey administered by the Indiana University Center for Postsecondary Research.
- New Faculty Teaching Seminar
A seminar for new York faculty that will address pedagogical issues including syllabi construction, student writing, technology use, and working with ELL/ESL students.
Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning