- Understanding the Politics and Context of Predatory Journals
Presentation by Monica Berger, Associate Professor & Electronic Resources Librarian, CUNY City Tech.
Co-sponsored by the York College Library & the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).
- Using Case Studies to Teach Science
A CETL Workshop presented by Margaret MacNeil, Biology
- Using Personal Narrative Writing as Pedagogy in All Disciplines
Do personal narratives encourage productive intellectual experiences for writers/readers, or do they serve little purpose beyond intellectual "navel-gazing"? This workshop intends to reconsider the ways in which personal experience is both epistemic and a base for students' academic inquiry. Facilitated by Professors Shereen Inayatulla, English, Tanya Prewitt, Health and Physical Education, and Debbie Rowe, English. Sponsored by The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Using Service-Learning in All Disciplines
Presentation by Debbie Rowe, English, and Jonathan Quash, Performing and Fine Arts. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Using Social Software to Build Collaborative Learning Space
A workshop on incorporating wikis, blogs and other forms of social software to enhance collaborative learning. Presenters include Wenying Huang-Stolte, Educational Technology and Bill Divale, Social Sciences. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Using Technology to Enhance Pedagogy
Discussion led by: Wenying Huang-Stolte, Educational Technology
- Using Technology to Support Writing Pedagogy and Students' Writing
Workshop facilitated by York Writing Across the Curriculum Writing Fellows. Co-sponsored by the Writing Across the Curriculum Program and the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Using the Learning Sciences and Design-Based Research to Develop Undergraduate Research Experiences in the Classroom
A presentation by Robert Duncan, Behavioral Sciences and Members of the Office of Undergraduate Research Advisory Board
- What Faculty Teaching Writing Intensive Courses Need to Know about Multilingual Learners
CETL workshop conducted by Jonathan Hall, English, and Janice Capuana, Laurel Harris, & Aneta Kostrzewa, WAC Writing Fellows
- Wiki World Using Blackboard's Wiki Tool and Wikipedia for Class Assignments
A workshop facilitated by Dr. William Ashton, Behavioral Sciences