About a year ago, a small group of faculty and staff from various departments launched a discussion of The Story of the Stone [often referred to as The Dream of the Red Chamber], a Chinese classic from the 1760s by Cao Xueqin. It has been a fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable endeavor.
- The Ukraine Crisis: Perspectives On The Revolution And State Sovereignty
The Cultural Diversity Center Department Of History & Philosophy
- "Why Bring IT to My Games?" Donald Sterling and the NBA: What is the Proper Analysis?
Presentsed by the York College African American Resource Center
- Booktalk: Cao Xueqin's The Story of the Stone
Exploring philosophical themes in influential books from around the globe.
- Charles Coleman and Samuel Hux Retirement Party
English Special Events
D. Channsin Berry's and Bill Dike's DarkGirls, The story of Color, Gender, and Race
- Remembering Professor Martin Rene Atangana
Author, Teacher, Musician, Gentleman
- The Story of the Stone
Save the date. We will be discussing a book generously given to me in appreciation of small helps by our colleague in Sociology, Professor Xiaodan Zhang. The Story of the Stone (often referred to as The Dream of the Red Chamber), a Chinese classic from the 1760's by Cao Xueqin.
- Tutorspree Scholarship- Deadline
College and high school students — tell us what you're studying (or planning to study) and how it will change the world. The best essay in each of 7 categories wins $200, and the grand prize winner gets $1500!
- Honor Society Set to Host Spring Initiation
The Department of History and Philosophy is pleased to announce that The Tau Lambda Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society of York College will have its spring initiation.