- NSSS: Nathan Lents - The Transcription Factor MZF-1 regulates expression of the CCN gene family in the hematopoietic compartment
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Nathan Lents
from the Department of Sciences, CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice for a talk entitled "The Transcription Factor MZF-1 regulates expression of the CCN gene family in the hematopoietic compartment."
- NSSS: NYU Core Facilities Symposium
2015-Thursday, March 12th; SPEAKERS: Dr. Andriana Heguy, Director, Genomics Core Facility, Dr. Fengxia Liang, Director, Microscopy Core Facility, Dr. Peter Lopez, Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility; Institution: Langone Medical Center of New York University; Each speaker will discuss the methods and applications within their specialty for 20 – 30 min. This will be followed by a broad discussion of the interplay between specialized techniques and the PI-sponsored research projects they help support.; Hosted by: Lou Levinger
- Department of Chemistry Open House 2011
An information session about majoring in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Science. Internship, Research and Career Opportunities in this field will be discussed.
- Pre-Med/Dental General Info Meeting
Dr. Criss, York's pre-medical and health career advisor, will be hosting a general information meeting for students interested in a career in the health professions.
ALSO: PRE-MED CLUB FORMING. DETAILS WILL BE DISCUSSED AT MEETING.
- NSSS - Membrane Biosynthesis, Structure and Behavior in Bacterial Pathogenesis
Hosted by: Yolanda Small
- Researching and Selecting Graduate Schools in the Sciences
Considering graduate school in the sciences?
There are over 4500 graduate school programs in biology and the life sciences in the United States.
- NSSS: Sally Hoskins - Using intensive analysis of primary literature to demystify and humanize science for undergraduates: the C.R.E.A.T.E. strategy.
The Natural Science Seminar Series and the York Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning are pleased to co-sponsor Sally Hoskins from the The City College of CUNY: Using intensive analysis of primary literature to demystify and humanize science for undergraduates: the C.R.E.A.T.E. strategy.
- NSSS: Gabriela Arias
Talk Title: Studying the aggregation of hIAPP12-18 using spectroscopic and microscopic techniques
- Two Chemistry Students at the head of the Graduating Class of Spring 2012!
The Department of Chemistry proudly salutes our spring 2012 graduates:
- NSSS: Signal Transduction
SPEAKER: Ales Vancura, Department of Biology, St. John’s University