- NSSS: Gene regulation using Locus Control Regions (LCR)
SPEAKER: Benjamin Ortiz, Department of Biology, Hunter College - CUNY
- Pre-Med Interest Meeting
All Are Welcome! Join Dr. Criss, York’s Pre-Med Advisor, For An Informative Discussion About What It Takes To Get Into Medical (Dental, Osteopathic, Podiatric, Optometry, Etc) School.
- Natural Science Seminar Series: The Neural Basis of Recovery from Visual Neglect
Research talk by Dr. R. Jarrett Rushmore from Boston University.
- Pre-Med Lecture Series
Dr. Adam Aponte, MD, Assistant Dean for Diversity & Inclusion
Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
- Womens Leadership Colloquium 2011 - Spring into Science: Fields of Opportunity
The Women’s Leadership Colloquium seeks to inspire leaders to become more consciously aware of their potential in taking leadership roles in educational settings.
- NSSS: Edyta Greer - Theoretical and experimental approaches to novel enediyne drugs that undergo the Bergman cyclization to kill cancerous cells
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Edyta Greer from the Department of Natural Sciences at CUNY Baruch College: Theoretical and experimental approaches to novel enediyne drugs that undergo the Bergman cyclization to kill cancerous cells
- NSSS: Chemistry-Climate Interactions by Loretta Mickley
Natural Science Seminar Series (NSSS) provides an opportunity to foster the engagement of faculty, students and staff in the scientific enterprise and to cultivate an environment of intellectual discourse and growth by promoting interaction between scientists at every level.
- Mardi Gras Block Party!
The Departments of Behavioral Sciences and Biology will host a Mardi Gras Block Party along the 4E corridor. Come get information about our programs, meet our faculty, find out about research opportunities, have some fun with your fellow students and enjoy the Mardi Gras atmosphere. Find out which of our programs match your interests and will help you achieve your future goals.
- Summer Programs at SUNY Downstate Medical School
Shanika Morgan, Undergraduate Coordinator for the Office of Minority Affairs at SUNY Downstate Medical Center, will be at York to discuss the several Summer Internship and Research opportunities they are offering. These are great programs for underclassmen who are interested in learning more about careers in healthcare and/or biomedical research.
Student ResourcesPre-Medical/Dental Information
- NSSS: John Kelly - Acid and aluminum impacts on Atlantic salmon smolts in New England
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present John Kelly
from the Department of Biology and Environmental Science, University of New Haven for a talk entitled "Acid and aluminum impacts on Atlantic salmon smolts in New England."