- NSSS: Alicia Reid - Chemistry for PET Imaging
The Natural Science Seminar Series at York College presents Alicia Reid, Department of Physical, Environmental and Computer Sciences, Medgar Evers College
Chemistry for PET Imaging
- NSSS: Gina Florio - Self-assembly of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on graphite
The Natural Science Seminar Series at York College presents Gina Florio, Departments of Physics and Chemistry, St. Johns University
Self-assembly of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on graphite
- Join the SEMAA Program and Catch the Excitement
NASA sponsored SEMAA (Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Aerospace Academy) Program @ York College invites you to join and enjoy the excitement through flight simulation, starlab, robotics, aerodynamics, and other cool space-related activities.
- Economic Forum with Rick Wolff
The Social Sciences Department, Social Work Club and African-American Resource Center will hold a forum on the state of American Economy with the keynote speaker, Dr. Richard D. Wolff, Professor of Economics Emeritus, University of Massachusetts, Amherst. His latest book: "Capitalism Hits the Fan: The Global Economic Meltdown and What to Do About It". Panelists at this event will include York faculty from several departments.
- Tsunami: Catastrophic & Horrific Disasters in Japan
The Geology Club in conjunction with Depts. of Earth and Physical Sciences, Behavioral Sciences & Health Professions will be conducting a panel discussion.
- Womens Leadership Colloquium 2011 - Spring into Science: Fields of Opportunity
The Women’s Leadership Colloquium seeks to inspire leaders to become more consciously aware of their potential in taking leadership roles in educational settings.
- NSSS: Edyta Greer - Theoretical and experimental approaches to novel enediyne drugs that undergo the Bergman cyclization to kill cancerous cells
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Edyta Greer from the Department of Natural Sciences at CUNY Baruch College: Theoretical and experimental approaches to novel enediyne drugs that undergo the Bergman cyclization to kill cancerous cells
- NSSS: Chemistry-Climate Interactions by Loretta Mickley
Natural Science Seminar Series (NSSS) provides an opportunity to foster the engagement of faculty, students and staff in the scientific enterprise and to cultivate an environment of intellectual discourse and growth by promoting interaction between scientists at every level.
- Natural Science Seminar Series: The Neural Basis of Recovery from Visual Neglect
Research talk by Dr. R. Jarrett Rushmore from Boston University.
- Observatory Public Open Night
The Observatory is open to the public every second or third Wednesday of the month rain or shine at 7:30pm (8:30pm during daylight saving time). Please call 718-262-2082 for more information.