- NSSS: Paul Muzio - Computational research on timescales from nanosecond to billions of years
The Natural Science Seminar Series at York College presents Paul Muzio, Director of the High Performance Computing Center at the College of Staten Island.
Computational research on timescales from nanosecond to billions of years
- NSSS: Sébastien Lépine - Real estate within 300 light-years of the Sun: a census of M dwarf stars for exoplanet surveys and Galactic archaeology
The Natural Science Seminar Series at York College presents Sébastien Lépine from the Department of Astrophysics at the American Museum of Natural History.
- NSSS: Daryl Ramai - Seeing past the symptoms: A global perspective on eye care
The Natural Science Seminar Series at York College presents Daryl Ramai Department of Chemistry, York College, and Unite For Sight Program Seeing past the symptoms: A global perspective on eye care
- NSSS: Alicia Reid - Chemistry for PET Imaging
The Natural Science Seminar Series at York College presents Alicia Reid, Department of Physical, Environmental and Computer Sciences, Medgar Evers College
Chemistry for PET Imaging
- NSSS: Gina Florio - Self-assembly of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on graphite
The Natural Science Seminar Series at York College presents Gina Florio, Departments of Physics and Chemistry, St. Johns University
Self-assembly of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on graphite
- Join the SEMAA Program and Catch the Excitement
NASA sponsored SEMAA (Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Aerospace Academy) Program @ York College invites you to join and enjoy the excitement through flight simulation, starlab, robotics, aerodynamics, and other cool space-related activities.
- Natural Science Seminar Series: The Neural Basis of Recovery from Visual Neglect
Research talk by Dr. R. Jarrett Rushmore from Boston University.
- Economic Forum with Rick Wolff
The Social Sciences Department, Social Work Club and African-American Resource Center will hold a forum on the state of American Economy with the keynote speaker, Dr. Richard D. Wolff, Professor of Economics Emeritus, University of Massachusetts, Amherst. His latest book: "Capitalism Hits the Fan: The Global Economic Meltdown and What to Do About It". Panelists at this event will include York faculty from several departments.
- Tsunami: Catastrophic & Horrific Disasters in Japan
The Geology Club in conjunction with Depts. of Earth and Physical Sciences, Behavioral Sciences & Health Professions will be conducting a panel discussion.
- Womens Leadership Colloquium 2011 - Spring into Science: Fields of Opportunity
The Women’s Leadership Colloquium seeks to inspire leaders to become more consciously aware of their potential in taking leadership roles in educational settings.