- Celebrate a new book on French rule in Cameroon by Dr. Martin Atangana
The African American Resource Center and the Department of History and Philosophy invite the community to a reception marking the recent publication of "The End of French Rule in Cameroon." Nov. 10 at 4:30 p.m. in Room 3B04.
- Black History Month event
Film screening, "Before they Die," depicting the Tulsa, Oklahoma race riots of the 1920's, followed by panel discussion featuring Andrew Jackson, York College adjunct Lecturer of Cultural Diversity.
About a year ago, a small group of faculty and staff from various departments launched a discussion of The Story of the Stone [often referred to as The Dream of the Red Chamber], a Chinese classic from the 1760s by Cao Xueqin. It has been a fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable endeavor.
- Charles Coleman and Samuel Hux Retirement Party
English Special Events
- Remembering Professor Martin Rene Atangana
Author, Teacher, Musician, Gentleman
- World Mental Health Day
The event will provide a speaker to discuss the topic: "The Rising Incidents of Suicide among College Students: A Public Health Concern in NYC"
- Gender & Historical Context Colloquium in Honor of Dr. Laura Fishman
Keynote Presentation Luncheon (followed by Q& A): "Musings on Women’s History: How the Second Awakening in the Western World Produced a New Scholarly Area, Prof. Sandi Cooper"
- Professor Appointed Vice Chair of National Ethics Committee
Assistant professor of philosophy Timothy W. Kirk, PhD, has been appointed Vice Chair of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) ethics committee.