- Booktalk: Cao Xueqin's The Story of the Stone
Exploring philosophical themes in influential books from around the globe.
- Charles Coleman and Samuel Hux Retirement Party
D. Channsin Berry's and Bill Dike's DarkGirls, The story of Color, Gender, and Race
- Remembering Professor Martin Rene Atangana
Author, Teacher, Musician, Gentleman
- The Story of the Stone
Save the date. We will be discussing a book generously given to me in appreciation of small helps by our colleague in Sociology, Professor Xiaodan Zhang. The Story of the Stone (often referred to as The Dream of the Red Chamber), a Chinese classic from the 1760's by Cao Xueqin.
- Honor Society Set to Host Spring Initiation
The Department of History and Philosophy is pleased to announce that The Tau Lambda Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society of York College will have its spring initiation.
- Gender & Historical Context Colloquium in Honor of Dr. Laura Fishman
Keynote Presentation Luncheon (followed by Q& A): "Musings on Women’s History: How the Second Awakening in the Western World Produced a New Scholarly Area, Prof. Sandi Cooper"
- Phi Alpha Theta Initiation Ceremony and End of Year Party
Student initiation into National History Honor Society plus end-of-year celebration for all students, faculty and staff.
- From Battleground to Empire State: New York and the Legacy of the War of 1812
Remembering the War of 1812 is part of the Talking About History Series, presented by King Manor Museum in conjunction with York College, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, and the New York Council on the Arts. Alfred Ronzoni is the guest speaker.
- Panel discussion and book reception, "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education."
Dr. Robert Parmet, Professor of History and founding faculty member of York College, is honored by the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, F. Carlisle Towery, President.