- Let's Talk - Fatherhood Initiative
Join the York College Male Initiative in the next meeting of our Fatherhood Series, "Let's Talk!"
- Endometriosis Awareness Event
Come and learn about this crippling condition that effects 1 out of every 10 women.
- Black, Brown and College Bound: Clearing the Path to Success
The York College Male Initiative Program is sponsoring an event for those that want to go to college, or perhaps have not started thinking about it yet.
- Benefit Concert for the Dennis Moorman Scholarship Fund & the Kenneth G. Adams Memorial Scholarship Fund
Artists include: Bayo Fayemi, Steven Morris, Sandra Billingslea and Mark Adams.
- Fatherhood Initiative Kick-Off Event
The York College Male Initiative Program is launching its newest activity, the Fatherhood Initiative. In keeping with President Obama's, "My Brother's Keeper Initiative," our goal is to help address the needs of young fathers as they prepare for college completion.
- February Barbershop - Art Exhibit and Conversation
Ericka Hagan (a.k.a. Egypt), is an emerging artist from Los Angeles, California. Taking her passion in art to another level, she recently moved to NYC where she held her first solo exhibition at Java Studios Gallery in Brooklyn. Her artwork is influenced by society, culture, historical figures, street art, and life experiences. Egypt is well known for her vibrant colors and powerful images. Today, Egypt continues to work on numerous projects, while exhibiting her artwork as well as interacting with her huge fan base. Egypt's goal is to inspire others with her artwork, showing the reality of life and that any dream you have in life, is possible to achieve.
- Celebrate the Life and Dreams of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Free Synagogue of Flushing Celebrate the Life and Dreams of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Can Youth and Students Elect the Next President?
A Town Hall Meeting on the 2016 Election
- November's Barbershop - The Struggle Continues
Feeling discouraged, like you cannot make it? Feeling like no one understands your struggle? Are the pressures of your life beginning to stress you out? You are not alone. Come out and hear how others, just like you have managed to see their way through the storm.
- 41st & Central - The Untold Story of the L.A. Panthers
The York College Male Initiative Program sponsors the first in a two part film series, "41st & Central."