- School of Arts and Sciences: Fall 2015 Exposition
Featuring faculty and student collaborations in Research, Scholarship and Creative Work!
- Professor Appointed Vice Chair of National Ethics Committee
Assistant professor of philosophy Timothy W. Kirk, PhD, has been appointed Vice Chair of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) ethics committee.
- Dr. George White's latest on the consequences of facing white rage!
Dr. White's blog focuses on the parallel between the white rage faced by Marvel Superhero featured in the Netflix show Luke Cage with the violent arrest and treatment of New York Knicks legend, Charles Oakley.
- Provost Lecture Series: Featuring Dr. Howard Ruttenberg
What is philosophy?
- Honor Society Set to Host Spring Initiation
The Department of History and Philosophy is pleased to announce that The Tau Lambda Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society of York College will have its spring initiation.
- Human Rights Forum
- Department of History and Philosophy
The Department of History and Philosophy offers majors in Anthropology, Black Studies, History, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Philosophy. It also houses the Cultural Diversity program.
- Phi Alpha Theta Initiation Ceremony and End of Year Party
Student initiation into National History Honor Society plus end-of-year celebration for all students, faculty and staff.
- From Battleground to Empire State: New York and the Legacy of the War of 1812
Remembering the War of 1812 is part of the Talking About History Series, presented by King Manor Museum in conjunction with York College, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, and the New York Council on the Arts. Alfred Ronzoni is the guest speaker.
- Black History Month event
Film screening, "Before they Die," depicting the Tulsa, Oklahoma race riots of the 1920's, followed by panel discussion featuring Andrew Jackson, York College adjunct Lecturer of Cultural Diversity.