- Booktalk: Cao Xueqin's The Story of the Stone
Exploring philosophical themes in influential books from around the globe.
- Professor Appointed Vice Chair of National Ethics Committee
Assistant professor of philosophy Timothy W. Kirk, PhD, has been appointed Vice Chair of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) ethics committee.
- History profesor writes new book "Town and Gown"
Dr. Robert D. Parmet, Professor of History writes new book "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education" (Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 2011)
- Cultural Diversity Lecturer co-edits new book
Andrew P. Jackson has co-edited, "The 21st Century Black Librarian in America: Issues and Challenges," Scarecrow Press, 2012. Other co-editors are Julius C. Jefferson, Jr. and Akilah S. Nosakhere.
- Honor Society Set to Host Spring Initiation
The Department of History and Philosophy is pleased to announce that The Tau Lambda Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society of York College will have its spring initiation.
- Human Rights Forum
- Remembering Professor Martin Rene Atangana
Author, Teacher, Musician, Gentleman
- School of Arts and Sciences: Fall 2015 Exposition
Featuring faculty and student collaborations in Research, Scholarship and Creative Work!
- "The Last Lecture" - a special presentation by York History Professor George White
What would your last words be if you knew you wouldn't be here tomorrow?
- The Story of the Stone
Save the date. We will be discussing a book generously given to me in appreciation of small helps by our colleague in Sociology, Professor Xiaodan Zhang. The Story of the Stone (often referred to as The Dream of the Red Chamber), a Chinese classic from the 1760's by Cao Xueqin.