- H1N1 influenza "Swine Flu" Preparedness
CUNY has been part of the New York City Office of Emergency Management's efforts to coordinate a citywide response to the ongoing concern regarding H1N1 influenza also known as Swine Flu.
- Retired 'New York's Bravest' Graduates From York
Michael D'Amico had passed York College countless times on his way to work as a firefighter stationed in South Jamaica; so when he retired four years ago, higher education beckoned and he chose York for his Bachelor of Science in Physical Education (PE).
- York Alum Awarded $90,000 Soros Fellowship
Robert Fernandez, a member of York College's Class of 2013 is among the 2014 Soros Fellowship for New Americans recipients. Fernandez, a York College Biology alumnus, will receive $90,000 in Tuition Support and Assistance. He is the sole CUNY graduate among the more than 30 graduate students from a cross-section of Ivy League institutions.
- York Alumna Wins Council Seat
In its 45-year history York College has had only three known graduates elected to political office; but it can now add a fourth.
- York Fetes Former President Bassin at 45th Anniversary
It was an event 45 years in the making and worth every year of the wait.
York College used the occasion of its 45th birthday to honor its longest serving president, Dr. Milton Bassin, who retired 20 years ago after 20 years of service to the college.
Graduates and faculty should be robed and assembled by 7:15 a.m. in the Gymnasium of the Health and Physical Education Building (HPEB). The procession will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- Queens Supreme Court's Fiscal Challenges Managed by York Alum
Honorable Jeremy Weinstein
Alumni in the News
- York College/Community Commemorative Quilt Committee 11th Annual Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Art and Quilt Exhibit
The York College Community Commemorative Quilt Committee (YCCCQC) will hold its 11th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (MLK) & Black History Month Art, Memorabilia, Poetry, Quilt Exhibition and Celebration.
- Men's Basketball vs. NJCU
- Project Hope Health Fair
York College Alumni, Inc., Health Services, Health Promotion Center