- CETL Workshop November 13
A workshop facilitated by WAC Writing Fellows Nicholas Cross, Meredith Mowder, Tristan Striker, Kyle Waugh, Monique Whitaker, and Alper Yildiz.
- How Students Learn, How Teachers Teach, and What Usually Goes Wrong with the Process: An Introduction to Learning Styles
Dr. Richard Felder, Hoechst Celanese Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering at North Carolina State University, will discuss the consequences of mismatches between student learning and instructor teaching styles, and ways for reaching students beyond traditional teaching methods.
Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- 5th Annual Day of Assessment
The York College Outcomes Assessment Committee conducts the 5th Annual Day of Assessment, co-sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Beyond Blackboard: Using Social Media In and Out of the Classroom
- Implementing Independent Study and Research Programs
- Assess, Mark, Comment, or Correct?: How to Respond Effectively to Student Writing
- The Interactivity Foundation (IF) Process: Pedagogy for Small Group Discussion of Public Policy Issues
- Flipping - Turning the Classroom Inside Out
- NSSS: Dario Stacchiola - Catalysis and the nature of mixed-metal oxides at the nanometer level
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Dario Stacchiola
from the Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory for a talk entitled "Catalysis and the nature of mixed-metal oxides at the nanometer level."
- NSSS: Nathan Lents - The Transcription Factor MZF-1 regulates expression of the CCN gene family in the hematopoietic compartment
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Nathan Lents
from the Department of Sciences, CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice for a talk entitled "The Transcription Factor MZF-1 regulates expression of the CCN gene family in the hematopoietic compartment."