- Thinking, Writing and Publishing about Teaching and Learning
Dr. James Rhem, Executive Editor, The National Teaching and Learning FORUM
- Third Annual Men's Conference
This year's conference theme: "Recapturing the Male Image."
Special guests speakers include: Mr. Antoine Craigwell (2008 Winner of NYABJ), Mr. Alex O. Ellis (Author of Restoring the Male Image), and keynote speaker Minister Abdul Hafeez Muhammad (formerly known as Kevin Muhammad)
- Yorkfest '09
Featuring performances by Bobby Sanabria & Quarteto Aché and the York College Blue Notes
- Thursdays at the Center: Interdisciplinary Teaching and Learning
Discussion led by: Laura Fishman, History and Philosophy, and Deborah Majerovitz, Behavioral Sciences, and Margaret Ballantyne, Foreign Languages, ESL, and Humanities
- Thursdays at the Center: The Impact of Faculty Research on Student Learning
Discussion led by: Ivelaw Griffith, Provost and Senior Vice President, and Tim Paglione, Earth and Physical Sciences
- Using Technology to Enhance Pedagogy
Discussion led by: Wenying Huang-Stolte, Educational Technology
- Town Hall Meeting (Afternoon)
All members of the York College community are invited to attend.
- Strengths and limitations of Using PowerPoint and Chalkboard
Best practices and strategies of using technologies to enhance teaching.
- Tsunami: Catastrophic & Horrific Disasters in Japan
The Geology Club in conjunction with Depts. of Earth and Physical Sciences, Behavioral Sciences & Health Professions will be conducting a panel discussion.
- Using Social Software to Build Collaborative Learning Space
A workshop on incorporating wikis, blogs and other forms of social software to enhance collaborative learning. Presenters include Wenying Huang-Stolte, Educational Technology and Bill Divale, Social Sciences. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.