- NSSS: Student practice talks for upcoming conferences
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to York College student (TBA) practice talks for several upcoming conferences.
- Observatory Public Open Night
The Observatory is open to the public every second or third Wednesday of the month rain or shine at 7:30pm (8:30pm during daylight saving time). Please call 718-262-2082 for more information.
- Department of Earth and Physical Sciences
The Department of Earth and Physical Sciences meets a wide range of scientific interests. It consists of the Geology, Physics, and Environmental Health Science disciplines.
- NSSS: Dario Stacchiola - Catalysis and the nature of mixed-metal oxides at the nanometer level
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Dario Stacchiola
from the Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory for a talk entitled "Catalysis and the nature of mixed-metal oxides at the nanometer level."
- NSSS: Nathan Lents - The Transcription Factor MZF-1 regulates expression of the CCN gene family in the hematopoietic compartment
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Nathan Lents
from the Department of Sciences, CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice for a talk entitled "The Transcription Factor MZF-1 regulates expression of the CCN gene family in the hematopoietic compartment."
- NSSS: NYU Core Facilities Symposium
2015-Thursday, March 12th; SPEAKERS: Dr. Andriana Heguy, Director, Genomics Core Facility, Dr. Fengxia Liang, Director, Microscopy Core Facility, Dr. Peter Lopez, Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility; Institution: Langone Medical Center of New York University; Each speaker will discuss the methods and applications within their specialty for 20 – 30 min. This will be followed by a broad discussion of the interplay between specialized techniques and the PI-sponsored research projects they help support.; Hosted by: Lou Levinger
- Department of Chemistry Open House 2011
An information session about majoring in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Science. Internship, Research and Career Opportunities in this field will be discussed.
- CAS Petition Deadline: Readmission
Readmission petition to the spring 2015 semester
- Join the SEMAA Program (Spring 2014) and Catch the Excitement!!
NASA-sponsored SEMAA (Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Aerospace Academy) Program @ York College is offering spring session (February 8 through April 5, 2014; no classes scheduled on February 22, 2014) for K1-8 students.
- NSSS: Using Ancient Enzymes to Solve a Modern Cancer Drug's Mechanism by Christopher Wilson
Natural Science Seminar Series (NSSS) provides an opportunity to foster the engagement of faculty, students and staff in the scientific enterprise and to cultivate an environment of intellectual discourse and growth by promoting interaction between scientists at every level.