- York's Latest Salk Scholar Heads to Medical School
Professor Louis Levinger called it when he predicted that then-sophomore Kyla-Gaye Pinnock would go places as a Biotech major in his class. She is now heading to medical school and has just been awarded the prestigious Salk Scholarship.
- Human Resource Club
The Human Resource Club and the Student Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management.
- President's Message: To: The York College Community From: Dr. Marcia V. Keizs, President
As we near the end of our spring semester I pause to encourage our students to continue the hard work toward final exams; and to thank the dedicated faculty who help to make it all possible.
- Haven Understanding Sexual Assault Tutorial
York College has partnered with EverFi to address critical life skills and sexual assault prevention by providing the Haven Understanding Sexual Assault Tutorial. The course is available to all students as of March 9, 2015.
- Undergraduate Research Day Extended Deadline!
The Office of Undergraduate Research at York College is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for our 6th Annual Research Day.
- Get To Know Sickle Cell Disease
Talk With The Experts
- NAFME Lecture
Improvise or Die: Surviving the Education/Industry Disconnect in Music
- Math/CS Week
- Call for Interns - Food and Nutrition Programs Unit
Public Health Solutions (PHS), one of the largest not-for-profit organizations in New York City and a nationally recognized Public Health Institute (PHI), addresses critical public health needs such as food security and nutrition, women’s reproductive health; early childhood development and family support; and so much more.
- Language and Identity: The Latino Mask. A symposium about language in theatre and its impact on an audience.
Focusing on language itself, we explore the idea of bilingualism on-stage. This project also attempts to examine how specific cultural idioms in a Spanish-language play can be conveyed to an English-speaking audience, holding true to the intended meaning of a play as presented in its original language.