- Department of Social Work
The Social Work Department at York College is student centered and dedicated to carrying out the mission of York College.
- Toxic Living Presentations Series: Bad Medicine: Pain Killers And Weight-Loss Drugs
A Perspective by Movement Science and Physical Education Majors HE 365: The Department of Health and Physical Education
- Do "Black Lives Matter" to Black People?: A Campus/Community Town Hall Meeting
York College Department of Behavioral Sciences & Student Development Present: Addressing the Epidemic of Violence and Murders
- 300 Middle School Students to Visit York for Social Justice Lecture
York College will host 300 students from Middle School 356 (6th and 7th graders) for an informative Social Justice lecture by two York professors, plus lunch and a tour of the campus by students and Admissions personnel.
- Resource Fair for Haiti
York College Social Work Club Presents: Haiti Resource Fair
- Success Outside of College - Women's Success
Road to Success with Hosts Swati Polce and Lillian Chen with guest Dr. Selena Rodgers and Mr. Randy Punter.
MembersDr. Selena T. Rodgers
- York Professor Gets Fulbright
For the second time in three years, a York faculty member has been granted a Fulbright award. Dr. Selena T. Rodgers, an assistant professor of Social Work in York’s School of Health and Behavioral Sciences, is the second professor to earn Fulbright designation in that school, following in the footsteps of Teacher Education professor, Dr. Linda Gerena, who was granted the Fulbright Fellowship in 2010.
- How Can One Work and Still Be In Poverty?
A forum presented by a social work class on community organizing.
- Understanding Sandy
A Social Work Perspective
- Global Education at CUNY