- Honor Society Set to Host Spring Initiation
The Department of History and Philosophy is pleased to announce that The Tau Lambda Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society of York College will have its spring initiation.
- Gender & Historical Context Colloquium in Honor of Dr. Laura Fishman
Keynote Presentation Luncheon (followed by Q& A): "Musings on Women’s History: How the Second Awakening in the Western World Produced a New Scholarly Area, Prof. Sandi Cooper"
- Phi Alpha Theta Initiation Ceremony and End of Year Party
Student initiation into National History Honor Society plus end-of-year celebration for all students, faculty and staff.
- From Battleground to Empire State: New York and the Legacy of the War of 1812
Remembering the War of 1812 is part of the Talking About History Series, presented by King Manor Museum in conjunction with York College, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, and the New York Council on the Arts. Alfred Ronzoni is the guest speaker.
- Cultural Diversity Lecturer co-edits new book
Andrew P. Jackson has co-edited, "The 21st Century Black Librarian in America: Issues and Challenges," Scarecrow Press, 2012. Other co-editors are Julius C. Jefferson, Jr. and Akilah S. Nosakhere.
- History Professor's book is re-published.
Dr. Basdeo Mangru, Associate Professor of History, announces the re-publication of his book, "Benevolent Neutrality: Indian Government Policy and Labour Migration to British Guiana, 1854-1884," London: Hansib Publications, 1987, repub., 2012.
- Panel discussion and book reception, "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education."
Dr. Robert Parmet, Professor of History and founding faculty member of York College, is honored by the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, F. Carlisle Towery, President.
- Black History Month event
Film screening, "Before they Die," depicting the Tulsa, Oklahoma race riots of the 1920's, followed by panel discussion featuring Andrew Jackson, York College adjunct Lecturer of Cultural Diversity.
- History profesor writes new book "Town and Gown"
Dr. Robert D. Parmet, Professor of History writes new book "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education" (Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 2011)
- History professor writes new book "The End of French Rule in Cameroon"
Dr. Martin Atangana, Professor of History new book titled "The End of French Rule in Cameroon" (University Press of America, 2010)