- York Prof to Participate at African Studies Association Washington DC Meeting
York College historian Nicholas Githuku is participating in the first live streamed session at the African Studies Association meeting in Washington, DC Saturday.
- A Post-Election Speak-Out: Sharing and Caring in the Era of President Trump
This speak-out will focus on how individuals are dealing with the recent election results and will allow individuals to share their concerns as well as address ways in which people can get engaged and involved in the democratic process.
- History and Philosophy End-of-Year Celebration
Department of History and Philosophy end-of-year celebration
- "The Last Lecture" - a special presentation by York History Professor George White
What would your last words be if you knew you wouldn't be here tomorrow?
- School of Arts and Sciences: Fall 2015 Exposition
Featuring faculty and student collaborations in Research, Scholarship and Creative Work!
About a year ago, a small group of faculty and staff from various departments launched a discussion of The Story of the Stone [often referred to as The Dream of the Red Chamber], a Chinese classic from the 1760s by Cao Xueqin. It has been a fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable endeavor.
- The Ukraine Crisis: Perspectives On The Revolution And State Sovereignty
The Cultural Diversity Center Department Of History & Philosophy
- "Why Bring IT to My Games?" Donald Sterling and the NBA: What is the Proper Analysis?
Presentsed by the York College African American Resource Center
- Booktalk: Cao Xueqin's The Story of the Stone
Exploring philosophical themes in influential books from around the globe.
- Charles Coleman and Samuel Hux Retirement Party