- The Ukraine Crisis: Perspectives On The Revolution And State Sovereignty
The Cultural Diversity Center Department Of History & Philosophy
- Department of History and Philosophy
The Department of History and Philosophy offers majors in Anthropology, Black Studies, History, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Philosophy. It also houses the Cultural Diversity program.
- Phi Alpha Theta Initiation Ceremony and End of Year Party
Student initiation into National History Honor Society plus end-of-year celebration for all students, faculty and staff.
- From Battleground to Empire State: New York and the Legacy of the War of 1812
Remembering the War of 1812 is part of the Talking About History Series, presented by King Manor Museum in conjunction with York College, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, and the New York Council on the Arts. Alfred Ronzoni is the guest speaker.
- Black History Month event
Film screening, "Before they Die," depicting the Tulsa, Oklahoma race riots of the 1920's, followed by panel discussion featuring Andrew Jackson, York College adjunct Lecturer of Cultural Diversity.
- Charles Coleman and Samuel Hux Retirement Party
- World Mental Health Day
The event will provide a speaker to discuss the topic: "The Rising Incidents of Suicide among College Students: A Public Health Concern in NYC"
- York Prof to Participate at African Studies Association Washington DC Meeting
York College historian Nicholas Githuku is participating in the first live streamed session at the African Studies Association meeting in Washington, DC Saturday.
- History and Philosophy End-of-Year Celebration
Department of History and Philosophy end-of-year celebration