- From Battleground to Empire State: New York and the Legacy of the War of 1812
Remembering the War of 1812 is part of the Talking About History Series, presented by King Manor Museum in conjunction with York College, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, and the New York Council on the Arts. Alfred Ronzoni is the guest speaker.
- Gender & Historical Context Colloquium in Honor of Dr. Laura Fishman
Keynote Presentation Luncheon (followed by Q& A): "Musings on Women’s History: How the Second Awakening in the Western World Produced a New Scholarly Area, Prof. Sandi Cooper"
- Gender Dynamics in the 2008 Presidential Election
Professors Margaret Ballantyne, Laura Fishman, Robin Harper and Deborah Majerovitz will discuss various social, psychological and historical factors that constitute the complex relationship between gender and politics.
- History and Philosophy End-of-Year Celebration
Department of History and Philosophy end-of-year celebration
- History profesor writes new book "Town and Gown"
Dr. Robert D. Parmet, Professor of History writes new book "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education" (Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 2011)
- History professor writes new book "The End of French Rule in Cameroon"
Dr. Martin Atangana, Professor of History new book titled "The End of French Rule in Cameroon" (University Press of America, 2010)
- History Professor's book is re-published.
Dr. Basdeo Mangru, Associate Professor of History, announces the re-publication of his book, "Benevolent Neutrality: Indian Government Policy and Labour Migration to British Guiana, 1854-1884," London: Hansib Publications, 1987, repub., 2012.
- Honor Society Set to Host Spring Initiation
The Department of History and Philosophy is pleased to announce that The Tau Lambda Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society of York College will have its spring initiation.
- Human Rights Forum
- Panel discussion and book reception, "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education."
Dr. Robert Parmet, Professor of History and founding faculty member of York College, is honored by the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, F. Carlisle Towery, President.