- Dr. George White's latest on the consequences of facing white rage!
Dr. White's blog focuses on the parallel between the white rage faced by Marvel Superhero featured in the Netflix show Luke Cage with the violent arrest and treatment of New York Knicks legend, Charles Oakley.
- From Battleground to Empire State: New York and the Legacy of the War of 1812
Remembering the War of 1812 is part of the Talking About History Series, presented by King Manor Museum in conjunction with York College, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, and the New York Council on the Arts. Alfred Ronzoni is the guest speaker.
- Gender & Historical Context Colloquium in Honor of Dr. Laura Fishman
Keynote Presentation Luncheon (followed by Q& A): "Musings on Women’s History: How the Second Awakening in the Western World Produced a New Scholarly Area, Prof. Sandi Cooper"
- Gender Dynamics in the 2008 Presidential Election
Professors Margaret Ballantyne, Laura Fishman, Robin Harper and Deborah Majerovitz will discuss various social, psychological and historical factors that constitute the complex relationship between gender and politics.
- History and Philosophy End-of-Year Celebration
Department of History and Philosophy end-of-year celebration
- Honor Society Set to Host Spring Initiation
The Department of History and Philosophy is pleased to announce that The Tau Lambda Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society of York College will have its spring initiation.
- Human Rights Forum
- Panel discussion and book reception, "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education."
Dr. Robert Parmet, Professor of History and founding faculty member of York College, is honored by the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, F. Carlisle Towery, President.
- Phi Alpha Theta Initiation Ceremony and End of Year Party
Student initiation into National History Honor Society plus end-of-year celebration for all students, faculty and staff.
- Professor Appointed Vice Chair of National Ethics Committee
Assistant professor of philosophy Timothy W. Kirk, PhD, has been appointed Vice Chair of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) ethics committee.