- Understanding and Engaging Millennial Students
CETL Speaker Forum:
Richard Sweeney, University Librarian, NJ Institute of Technology
- Understanding Sandy
A Social Work Perspective
- Understanding the Politics and Context of Predatory Journals
Presentation by Monica Berger, Associate Professor & Electronic Resources Librarian, CUNY City Tech.
Co-sponsored by the York College Library & the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).
- Universoul Circus
York College Night Wed Aprill 29TH ®7:30PM
- Unsolicited Credit Cards-Pacific Capital
The New York State Office of General Services (OGS) has informed the college that the Pacific Capital Companies LLC has sent a credit card, ready to be activated, to at least one state employee.
- Upcoming CUNYFirst Training: Procurement Module- Room Change CL-205 (Class Building)
Topic: How to Create/Submit/Track/Closeout a Requisition in CUNYfirst
- Use mail merge to create multiple labels
If you wanted to create and print a bunch of recipient address labels, you could type them all manually in an empty label document. But there's a much better way, and it's called mail merge. Watch this video to learn more.
- Using Case Studies to Teach Science
A CETL Workshop presented by Margaret MacNeil, Biology
- Using Personal Narrative Writing as Pedagogy in All Disciplines
Do personal narratives encourage productive intellectual experiences for writers/readers, or do they serve little purpose beyond intellectual "navel-gazing"? This workshop intends to reconsider the ways in which personal experience is both epistemic and a base for students' academic inquiry. Facilitated by Professors Shereen Inayatulla, English, Tanya Prewitt, Health and Physical Education, and Debbie Rowe, English. Sponsored by The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Using Service-Learning in All Disciplines
Presentation by Debbie Rowe, English, and Jonathan Quash, Performing and Fine Arts. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.