- NSSS: Andrea Pizzo - The membrane-raft protein Flotillin-1 is essential in dopamine neurons for amphetamine-induced behavior in Drosophila
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Andrea Pizzo
from the Department of Pharmacology, Columbia University Medical Center for a talk entitled "The membrane-raft protein Flotillin-1 is essential in dopamine neurons for amphetamine-induced behavior in Drosophila."
- Natural Science Seminar Series: The Neural Basis of Recovery from Visual Neglect
Research talk by Dr. R. Jarrett Rushmore from Boston University.
- Economic Forum with Rick Wolff
The Social Sciences Department, Social Work Club and African-American Resource Center will hold a forum on the state of American Economy with the keynote speaker, Dr. Richard D. Wolff, Professor of Economics Emeritus, University of Massachusetts, Amherst. His latest book: "Capitalism Hits the Fan: The Global Economic Meltdown and What to Do About It". Panelists at this event will include York faculty from several departments.
- Tsunami: Catastrophic & Horrific Disasters in Japan
The Geology Club in conjunction with Depts. of Earth and Physical Sciences, Behavioral Sciences & Health Professions will be conducting a panel discussion.
- Womens Leadership Colloquium 2011 - Spring into Science: Fields of Opportunity
The Women’s Leadership Colloquium seeks to inspire leaders to become more consciously aware of their potential in taking leadership roles in educational settings.
- NSSS: Edyta Greer - Theoretical and experimental approaches to novel enediyne drugs that undergo the Bergman cyclization to kill cancerous cells
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Edyta Greer from the Department of Natural Sciences at CUNY Baruch College: Theoretical and experimental approaches to novel enediyne drugs that undergo the Bergman cyclization to kill cancerous cells
- NSSS: Chemistry-Climate Interactions by Loretta Mickley
Natural Science Seminar Series (NSSS) provides an opportunity to foster the engagement of faculty, students and staff in the scientific enterprise and to cultivate an environment of intellectual discourse and growth by promoting interaction between scientists at every level.
- YC Welcomes Alumnus Aubrey A. Smith III, PhD, ’94
As a speaker in the Natural Science Seminar Series
- Natural Sciences Research Seminar Series
Dr. Shengkun Zhang - Department of Physics - NYC College of Technology (CUNY)
(Zn)CdSe Quantum Wells and Quantum Dots for Intersubband Infrared Device Applications
- Natural Sciences Research Seminar Series - Dr. Hakeem Lawal: UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute
Using Drosophila melanogaster to Test Gene-environment Interactions Relevant to Parkinson's Disease