- Researching and Selecting Graduate Schools in the Sciences
Considering graduate school in the sciences?
There are over 4500 graduate school programs in biology and the life sciences in the United States.
- NSSS: The Enzymatic Activity of the Intrinsically Disordered Membrane Enzyme Selenoprotein S by Sharon Rozovsky
Natural Science Seminar Series (NSSS) provides an opportunity to foster the engagement of faculty, students and staff in the scientific enterprise and to cultivate an environment of intellectual discourse and growth by promoting interaction between scientists at every level.
- NSSS: Sally Hoskins - Using intensive analysis of primary literature to demystify and humanize science for undergraduates: the C.R.E.A.T.E. strategy.
The Natural Science Seminar Series and the York Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning are pleased to co-sponsor Sally Hoskins from the The City College of CUNY: Using intensive analysis of primary literature to demystify and humanize science for undergraduates: the C.R.E.A.T.E. strategy.
- NSSS: Doina Mihai- Benzophenone photoprobes for chemical proteomics and drug target identification
Natural Science Seminar Series (NSSS) presents Doina Mihai from Columbia University Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology.
- NSSS: Paul Muzio - Computational research on timescales from nanosecond to billions of years
The Natural Science Seminar Series at York College presents Paul Muzio, Director of the High Performance Computing Center at the College of Staten Island.
Computational research on timescales from nanosecond to billions of years
- NSSS: Gabriela Arias
Talk Title: Studying the aggregation of hIAPP12-18 using spectroscopic and microscopic techniques
- Two Chemistry Students at the head of the Graduating Class of Spring 2012!
The Department of Chemistry proudly salutes our spring 2012 graduates:
- NSSS: Signal Transduction
SPEAKER: Ales Vancura, Department of Biology, St. John’s University
- NSSS: A biophysical tour de force, quantum dot-based single molecule imaging for molecular neuroscience
SPEAKER: Jerry Chang, The Rockefeller University, Greengard Laboratory
- NSSS: Dioxin in Viet Nam 40 Years After the American War
SPEAKER: Daniel Robie and Jean Grassman, Department of Chemistry, York College CUNY and Department of Health and Nutrition Sciences, Brooklyn College