- NSSS: John Kelly - Acid and aluminum impacts on Atlantic salmon smolts in New England
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present John Kelly
from the Department of Biology and Environmental Science, University of New Haven for a talk entitled "Acid and aluminum impacts on Atlantic salmon smolts in New England."
- NSSS: Study Of Active pharmaceuticals Ingredients (API) and it's formulation with Non-linear Optical Microscopy by Azhad Chowdhury
Natural Science Seminar Series (NSSS) provides an opportunity to foster the engagement of faculty, students and staff in the scientific enterprise and to cultivate an environment of intellectual discourse and growth by promoting interaction between scientists at every level.
- York Chemistry Grad Returns for Impressive Presentation
He has been gone from York a mere two years, but Azhad Chowdhury, ‘11 already returned to his alma mater for a presentation of his research at Purdue University, where he is working toward a PhD in Analytical Chemistry.
- NSSS - Phenotypic Plasticity in Color and Behavior in A Cichlid Fish
Hosted by: Margaret MacNeil
- Pre-Med/Dental General Info Meeting
Dr. Criss, York's pre-medical and health career advisor, will be hosting a general information meeting for students interested in a career in the health professions.
ALSO: PRE-MED CLUB FORMING. DETAILS WILL BE DISCUSSED AT MEETING.
- NSSS - Membrane Biosynthesis, Structure and Behavior in Bacterial Pathogenesis
Hosted by: Yolanda Small
- NSSS - Life Cycle Evolution, Immortality, and Transdifferentiation in Hydrozoa (Cnidaria)
Hosted by: Margaret MacNeil
- NSSS: Dario Stacchiola - Catalysis and the nature of mixed-metal oxides at the nanometer level
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Dario Stacchiola
from the Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory for a talk entitled "Catalysis and the nature of mixed-metal oxides at the nanometer level."
- NSSS: Nathan Lents - The Transcription Factor MZF-1 regulates expression of the CCN gene family in the hematopoietic compartment
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Nathan Lents
from the Department of Sciences, CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice for a talk entitled "The Transcription Factor MZF-1 regulates expression of the CCN gene family in the hematopoietic compartment."
- NSSS: NYU Core Facilities Symposium
2015-Thursday, March 12th; SPEAKERS: Dr. Andriana Heguy, Director, Genomics Core Facility, Dr. Fengxia Liang, Director, Microscopy Core Facility, Dr. Peter Lopez, Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility; Institution: Langone Medical Center of New York University; Each speaker will discuss the methods and applications within their specialty for 20 – 30 min. This will be followed by a broad discussion of the interplay between specialized techniques and the PI-sponsored research projects they help support.; Hosted by: Lou Levinger