- Speaker Forum: Thinking, Writing, and Publishing about Teaching and Learning
Guest Speaker: Dr. James Rhem, Executive Editor, The National Teaching and Learning FORUM
- Call for Fall 2013 CETL Events
To All York Faculty and Staff: The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) invites proposals from York faculty to present workshops, presentations, panels, or brown bag discussions that promote faculty development around teaching and learning.
- Simulation as Teaching Pedagogy: Implementation and Evaluation
A presentation by Renee Wright, & Lilly Mathew.
- NSSS: Sally Hoskins - Using intensive analysis of primary literature to demystify and humanize science for undergraduates: the C.R.E.A.T.E. strategy.
The Natural Science Seminar Series and the York Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning are pleased to co-sponsor Sally Hoskins from the The City College of CUNY: Using intensive analysis of primary literature to demystify and humanize science for undergraduates: the C.R.E.A.T.E. strategy.
- Seminaring: Letting Students do the Talking about Primary Source Texts
Workshop facilitated by Debra Swoboda, Behavioral Sciences. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Rereading Across the Curriculum
Panel with panelists Eric Metcalf, Performing & Fine Arts, and faculty members from each of the three schools
- Faculty Workload Issues in Undergraduate Research: Supporting Student Learning Outcomes by Getting Support Yourself
Panel with members from the Advisory Council of the Office of Undergraduate Research
- Tenure Track - Parent Track
a roundtable with Heather Robinson, English Timothy Amrhein, Performing & Fine Arts Laura Beaton, Biology Stephen Fearnley, Chemistry Elizabeth Meddeb, Foreign Languages Michael B. Smith, Performing & Fine Arts
- Developing and Demonstrating Cultural Competence in Academic Advising
Please join us for this multimedia presentation, the first in the Enhancing Advisor Skills & Knowledge Series
- Enhancing Advisor Skills & Knowledge Series
The Art and Science of Communication in Transformational Advising.