- NSSS: Student practice talks for upcoming conferences
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to York College student (TBA) practice talks for several upcoming conferences.
- Documentary Screening of "Saving Jamaica Bay"
"Saving Jamaica Bay" tells the story of how one community fought government inaction and overcame Hurricane Sandy to clean up and restore the largest open space in New York City, which had become a dumping ground for garbage, sewage and bullet-riddled mobsters.
- CANCELLED :: NSSS: Towards More Efficient Solar Fuels: Water Oxidation with a Low-Energy Molecular Pathway and CO2 Hydrogenation with Earth-Abundant Catalysts
SPEAKER: Yosra Badiei, Department of Chemistry, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- NSSS - Honors Student Talk - Makenzie Saoura
Talk Title: The Effect of Mitochondrial Disease-Associated Elac 2 (tRNase ZL) Mutations on Mitochondrial tRNA Processing
- NSSS: Dario Stacchiola - Catalysis and the nature of mixed-metal oxides at the nanometer level
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Dario Stacchiola
from the Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory for a talk entitled "Catalysis and the nature of mixed-metal oxides at the nanometer level."
- NSSS: Nathan Lents - The Transcription Factor MZF-1 regulates expression of the CCN gene family in the hematopoietic compartment
The Natural Science Seminar Series is pleased to present Nathan Lents
from the Department of Sciences, CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice for a talk entitled "The Transcription Factor MZF-1 regulates expression of the CCN gene family in the hematopoietic compartment."
- NSSS: NYU Core Facilities Symposium
2015-Thursday, March 12th; SPEAKERS: Dr. Andriana Heguy, Director, Genomics Core Facility, Dr. Fengxia Liang, Director, Microscopy Core Facility, Dr. Peter Lopez, Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility; Institution: Langone Medical Center of New York University; Each speaker will discuss the methods and applications within their specialty for 20 – 30 min. This will be followed by a broad discussion of the interplay between specialized techniques and the PI-sponsored research projects they help support.; Hosted by: Lou Levinger
- Department of Chemistry Open House 2011
An information session about majoring in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Science. Internship, Research and Career Opportunities in this field will be discussed.
- Pre-Med/Dental General Info Meeting
Dr. Criss, York's pre-medical and health career advisor, will be hosting a general information meeting for students interested in a career in the health professions.
ALSO: PRE-MED CLUB FORMING. DETAILS WILL BE DISCUSSED AT MEETING.
- NSSS - Dr. Michal Minczuk
Talk Title: Mitochondrial Medicine: Definitions and Examples