- Gender & Historical Context Colloquium in Honor of Dr. Laura Fishman
Keynote Presentation Luncheon (followed by Q& A): "Musings on Women’s History: How the Second Awakening in the Western World Produced a New Scholarly Area, Prof. Sandi Cooper"
- History profesor writes new book "Town and Gown"
Dr. Robert D. Parmet, Professor of History writes new book "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education" (Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 2011)
- Booktalk: Cao Xueqin's The Story of the Stone
Exploring philosophical themes in influential books from around the globe.
D. Channsin Berry's and Bill Dike's DarkGirls, The story of Color, Gender, and Race
- "Why Bring IT to My Games?" Donald Sterling and the NBA: What is the Proper Analysis?
Presentsed by the York College African American Resource Center
- Panel discussion and book reception, "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education."
Dr. Robert Parmet, Professor of History and founding faculty member of York College, is honored by the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, F. Carlisle Towery, President.
- Final Examinations
Fall 2009 semester Final Exam
- History professor writes new book "The End of French Rule in Cameroon"
Dr. Martin Atangana, Professor of History new book titled "The End of French Rule in Cameroon" (University Press of America, 2010)
- History Professor's book is re-published.
Dr. Basdeo Mangru, Associate Professor of History, announces the re-publication of his book, "Benevolent Neutrality: Indian Government Policy and Labour Migration to British Guiana, 1854-1884," London: Hansib Publications, 1987, repub., 2012.
- Gender Dynamics in the 2008 Presidential Election
Professors Margaret Ballantyne, Laura Fishman, Robin Harper and Deborah Majerovitz will discuss various social, psychological and historical factors that constitute the complex relationship between gender and politics.